- Life-learning is key to continual success and progress in one's chosen profession.
- It's easy for an artist with a bit of a solitary existence to not push oneself. A scheduled workshop creates a space for you to be vulnerable, face fears, and take a risk.
- Personal style is important for an artist, but if you paint the same way year after year, a workshop can be the catalyst for a breakthrough.
- Investing in yourself reconfirms your commitment to who you are as an artist.
- Networking with an expert in your field as well as other students creates space for friendships and camaraderie that lasts long after the workshop ends.
What has been your experience attending workshops? What other benefits do you receive?
Tuscany Hillside Vineyard, 24 x 18
from my recent Italy trip